1

A Memorable Function

Outline:
(1) Debating society
(2) Audience
(3) speeches
(4) songs
(5) Memorable night
It was in March last year that the debating society of our college arranged the final function for the third and fourth-year debaters. All of our teachers, debaters and prominent students of both the Masses were present. When I reached college at about six in the evening. I was happily surprised to find quite a few of my best friends there. 
We were sitting on the green lawns with some fine beautiful flower trees around. 
Cold drinks were served to the guests who were buys talking. The Principal stood up a few minutes later and made a brief speech. He introduced some new teachers and students to the listeners. Then he invited the most successful debaters to speak to the pleasure of the audience (the hearers). 
The debaters spoke in a light, humorous way and tried to do their best. One of my friends among them made us laugh a good deal. He said college debating was going to help him to select a girl to marry as women liked fine speakers. Soon afterwards, a girl debaters stood up and said that the liked able thinkers, men who had good brains. When my turn came, 1 said too much of thinking was as bad as too much of speaking. 
Everyone laughed at this. A teacher said it was difficult to control one's thinking or speech. The function continued late into the night. We had dinner, and then listened to music and songs. A girl and a boy of our college and two guest singers from other colleges sang to the music played by our music club. 
The audience joined the singers in some love songs, and we forgot for some time where we were. After the songs, we heard pure music, which was also quite enjoyable. After the music, we had some time for photographs. I still have some shorts of the party that I have kept on my study table. 1 refresh myself with sweet memories of this party whenever 1 feel up'set. . 
1 made two new friends at the party. They were sitting across the table near my English teacher. He introduced them to me saying they were the students of his fourth-year class. I was very happy to meet them as their talk was interesting and their manners were pleasing. They often met me in college afterwards and helped me with my studies. 
It was after ten that people started saying goodbye to each other, I did not feel like leaving the place as 1 was still enjoying the pleasure of the company of my friends, companions and teachers. However, like every activity, pleasant or unpleasant, the party had to end.
 I stood up, and, with unwilling steps, started towards the college gate. While returning home on my friend's motorcycle, I was still hearing the music and noise of the party in my mind. I still enjoy it at times and desire to see all of those who were with me on that memorable night. 

Post a Comment

  1. You might get some help from WritePaper.Info Success and best regards!

    ReplyDelete

 
Top