0

Essay

A JOURNEY BY TRAIN 

Last summer, I decided to spend my summer vacation with my uncle at Karachi. After a good deal of persuasion my father agreed to give me sufficient1 money for the journey I had fears that he might reconsider his decision. So the moment he agreed, I packed my clothes and a few text books and went to the station. The train had arrived.

A Train










I bought a lower class ticket and ran to the platform. A porter was kind enough to push me -into a compartment through a window. The door had been besiege by a crowd of passengers who were pushing each other all over the platform After paying the porter, I looked around the compartment. 
It was full to capacity. Some people were standing. Among their I found an old friend of mine. In the school he was well known for picking a quarrel with everyone who happened to be near him. While we were greeting each other, the train whistled and began to move .
Once again I searched the compartment to find a vacant seat. On one berth there were only three men .They had piker their luggage on it. Too. 1 asked my friend that if the luggage was removed, we could comfortably sit there. He said that he would not ask them to remove then things, because they had helped him to enter the compartment .
 I took out a magazine and tried to read it. But 1 could not read it.I was tired. My clothes were wet with perspiration There were four fans in the compartment but no breath of air reached me 1 put my head out of a window and a gust of burning air slapped my face. 1 withdrew my head The prospect' of a long, uncomfortable journey depressed' me. 
1 curse the time when I had thought of going to Karachi. By now I' was desperate and ready to pick a quarrei with the devil himself. I walked up to the berth with only three men on it Without saying anything. I picked up their suit-cases and thrust them under the seat. “What are you doing’' one of them shouted it is not your luggage ” But by that time I was sitting on that berth, so I replied calmly, “You arc right,’that is not my luggage". 
I beckoned my friend, and he came and sat down beside me. The three gentlemen did not ask me another question. The sun had set and the train had reached Rohri .1 opened my tiffin box and invited my friend and the three gentlemen to share my dinner. They readily accepted and unpacked their own dinner baskets, too. 
All of us enjoyed the meal. I was feeling sleepy, I put my head on the back of the berth, and stretched my legs. Before long, I was fast asleep. It was broad daylight when, my friend shook me roughly and said that we were reaching Karachi in a few minutes.

Post a Comment

 
Top