0

Solved Assignment # 1 English  Matric  Autumn 2021  Code:207   aiou 

                                                     Assignment No.l (Units 1-3)

Q.l Read Unit 1, exercise 7 and write down the questions of the answers given by Gul Bibi on page 28. (10)
Answer:
1: Question: What is your nationality?
Gul Bibi: I am a Pathan.
2: Question: Which language do you speak?
Gul Bibi: I speak pushto.
3: Question: What are you doing?
Gul Bibi: I am a housewife.
4: Question: What is your husband occupation? Or what is your husband doing?
Gul Bibi: My husband is a farmer.
5: Question: Who are these kids?
Gul Bibi: These are my grandchildren.
Q.2 Read Unit 2. You want to get a car on rent for your trip to Gilgit. Write a dialogue between yourself and the car dealer keeping in mind the following information? (20)
Toyota Corolla Gli 2018 Model
Rent without driver: Rs5000/day Rent with driver: Rs 10,000/day
Answer:
Ali: Assalam-o-Alikum. Is this 0423-7789231
Nawaz: Yes, it is. What can I do for you?
Ali: Can I speak to Mr Nawaz butt please?
Nawaz: Yes. This is Nawaz speaking.
Ali: Nawaz Sahib, I've seen the advertisement of your car for
rent in today's newspaper. I'm looking for a rent car for my 5 days family trip in Gilgit.
Nawaz: Yes. Car of all types and model are available for rent.
Ali: I am looking a Toyota Corolla GLi 2018 Model car for this
purpose. Is this available for rent?
Nawaz: Yes. It's available for rent.
Ali: What is the rent of car per day without driver?
Nawaz: Without driver car rent are 5000 rs per day.
Ali: ok. And what is the rent with driver?
Nawaz: With driver car rent are 10,000 rs per day.
Ali: ok, Book car for rent for 5 days with driver. I will send
you my details and timing on your whatsapp number.
Nawaz: ok I will wait for your details. I am thankful to you
that prefer our services for your family trip.
Q.3 Read Unit 2. Write the following words in the sentences given below. (10) As, Because, Although, since, therefore
Answer:
1. Ali and saba like their new house because it is in a beautiful place.
2. He did not put on any jacket since it was very.
3. He picked the garbage up as he passed the dirty street.
4. He was up although the crack of dawn.
5. He had to reach in time therefore he rushed as soon as he had his breakfast.
Q.4 Read Unit 2. Write a short paragraph giving information about the things you bought from the market to decorate your room. Provide details about buying clothes, furniture, wall hangings, decoration and also about the setting and dimension of your room etc (10)
Answer: Things to Decorate my Room:
A spacious room is my dream. I plan to buy things to decorate
my dream room. In this apartment an oversized and jumbo mirror I will fix in the front wall. Moreover I will buy awesome wall art pieces, and in the side wall a big wardrobe. A new thing, LED curtain for my window that will provide a soft, cool light, super cozy and lovely. A corner table and a chair to sit on and do my home work. A book organizer to stack my books and note books.
A table lamp to provide plenty of light for night reading. A wall hanging. I think it's enough to decorate my room well. Then I'll want to invite my friends into my room to take a look at how.
Q.5 Read Unit. Suppose you see an advertisement of job for a teacher in a newspaper. The administration of the office requires the following information. (10)
1. full name 2. Permanent home address
3. Present address 4. Education 5. Experience
6. Awards/certificates 7. Any other language spoken
Answer:
Assalam-o-Alikum
My name is Muhammad Ali. I see your advertisement of job for a teacher in a newspaper. I live in house no 45, umer block, Bahria town Lahore. My home and present address are same. My education is Master in Mathematics. I have 5 year experience of teaching. I have 3 year teaching certificate from Aiou as well I can speak much language like Urdu, Punjabi, English, and Arabic etc Hopefully you consider my request and give me a chance to prove myself as a good teacher in your organization.
Q.6 Use the present continuous tense or ing form of verb to write 5 sentence using the following verbs. (10)
Jump
Jog
Walk
Stroll
Limp
Answer: i. The children are jumping on sofa.
ii. Sir Javed Jogging daily in morning.
iii. I and my friends walking fast to school on time.
iv. I was strolling hither and thither.
v. The dog must be hurt he's limping.
Q.7 Read Unit 3, Bilal wants to apply for the post of an interne at Silk Bank. Write a paragraph using the following words to tell home the procedure. (10)
Firstly
Secondly
Later
Next
After that
Finally
Answer:
Firstly you have to resume and assembled your documents.
Secondly you will prepare you CV by adding all your education, experience and personal data. Later you have to write an application to the manager of Silk bank. Next you will have to prepare yourself for interview. After that you will submit your CV and documents with application in the bank and finally they will call you for interview.
Q.8 Read the following story and answers the questions. Consult your dictionary for difficult words. (20)
The Closet Creature
"bump! Bump! Scratch! Adman opened his eyes and pulled the covers up to his chin. He stared around his room, searching the darkness for the thing that was making those scary sounds. The closet door moved as something banged on it from the inside. "Who's there?" Adam asked in a shaky voice. The closet slowly began to open. Adam jumped out of bed
and ran to the closet door, slamming it shut with this palms. He grabbed his desk chair and propped it against the door handle. He then ran to his brother. "Adam?" "What are you doing here?" Adman tugged on David's arm. "There's something in my closet!" "You probably had a bad dream. Go back to bed." "It wasn't a dream. I was awake, and the closet door started opening by itself!" David sighed, "Fine. David reached into his desk drawer and pulled out a flashlight. Then they headed to Adam's room. Adam stopped in the doorway. He could hear something scratching his closet door. "Do you hear that?" Adam asked. David nodded. He walked over to Adam's bed and pulled the case off one of the pillows. He opened the pillowcase. "You open the door very slowly, and I'll grab whatever it is." Adam slid the chair to the side and pulled the closet door open a crack. Something banged against the door, trying to force it open. Adam took a deep breath and opened the door a few more inches. A small furry creature ran right into the pillowcase. "I got it!" David said, closing the pillowcase and holding it in the air. "What is it?" Adam moved closer as David peeked inside David put the pillowcase on the bed and an orange cat climbed out. "Apricot? How did you get trapped in my closet?" David laughed.

Answer:
Questions
1. What happened right after David went into Adam's room?
(a) Adam jumped into David's bed
(b) David grabbed a flashlight from his desk drawer
(c) Adam awoke to strange sounds coming from his bedroom closet.
(d) David heard the noise coming from Adam's closet.
2. What did David plan to do with the pillowcase?
(a) Keep the creature from coming out of the closet
(b) Scare the creature in the closet
(c) Catch the creature in the closet
(d) Hit the creature in the closet
3. What was making the strange sounds in Adam's closet? Answer: The boys' cat apricot, was trapped in the closet.
4. Write three adjectives that describe David. Tell why you chose each word.
Answer:
1. Frightening because after listening scary sounds David was filled with terror
2. Cowardly because is afraid of things.
3. Nervous because David easily startled by things.
5. What type of story is this?
(a) Tall tale
(b) Non-fiction
(c) Mystery
(d) fable
For More Solved Assignments of all classes aiou click this link 

Solved Assighnments Autumn 2021 -Matric/Attc-FA/I Com -BA/B.Ed-BCS-MA-.M-ed

Post a Comment

 
Top