1

  Islamiat        Matric                  Autumn 2021               Code:201                      aiou 

                                                               Solved Assignment #1

Q.l Read Unit 4. How will you respond to questions asked by your friends about your likes and dislikes regarding the following?
1. Colours
2. Personalities
3. Writers
4. Past time activities
5. Films
6. Singers
7. Dresses
8. Books
9. Occupations
10. Foods
Answer:
1. I like brown colours. . 
I do not like grey colour.
2. I admire those personalities who are lively. Friendly and helpful.
I hate those people who are rude, dishonest or unfriendly.
3. I like Amjad Islam Amjad.
I don't like those writers whose writings are not realistic.
4. I am interested in playing table tennis, Squash And Cricket.
I dislike golf and chess.
5. I enjoy watching old films since they are based on real life stories.
I am not interested in Indian films.
6. These days pop singers are very popular among the young generation, too like pop music.
I don't listen to classical singers.
7. I prefer to wear traditional dresses.
Western dresses do not appeal me.
8. I like story books.
I do not like poetry books.
9. I like teaching.
I don't like engineering.
10. I like desi food
I don't like fast food.
Q.2 Read the 'Description of my kitchen' on page 95. Now write a paragraph of at least 100 words describing your favourite room in your home and also write reasons for liking it.
Answer:
My favorite room in my house would be my room. It is the biggest in the house and I adore my room and I am always there in my room and never really get out. I love my room I get really distracted doing things because I am always there. I do a lot of things and it's very nice and beautiful.
My room is awesome I love how I have it all decorated I have hanging hearts in the ceiling. Also, I have like the biggest bed ever and my blanket is of guitars because I love guitars and my curtains match like the carpet too. I have a lot of makeup bags and nail polishes all over I have jewelry hanging and a lot of designs in my room. My walls are full of posters an my walls are colorful.
I love my room and I have magazines a lot actually and bags hanging all over as much as shoes all over the place. I have a big closet and it's packed of so much clothes and purses as much as shoes. I have scarfs hanging in this colorful lamp and I have a flat screen TV. hanging in my wall and I love to watch movies and put music. Also I have three big radios because I have a lot of CD's and I love to put the music all loud.
Q.3 Complete the given dialogues. You are trying to convince your friend. How would you do that?
• Friend: I don't like to travel by bus, it is very tiring.

You:
• Friend: I hate watching science fiction movies, they are so boring. You:
• Friend: I detest staying in this hostel. It is too noisy.
You:
• Friend: I am not interested in combined studies. It is a waste of time. You:
• Friend: I don't want to go for hiking on Sunday. I want to sleep.
You:
Answer:
1. I don't think it is tiring it is tiring it is comfortable and safe.
2. I don't think so science fiction movies are interesting and give new ideas.
3. I don't think so it is not much noisy. It is near our school.
4. I don't think it is waste of time. We can we can clear our concepts easily.
5. I don't think that sleeping on week end is good. Hiking is very good for our health.
Q.4 Give the following information about your home town.
i. Culture of your home town.
ii. Historical traditions of your home town.
iii. Special cuisine of your home town.
iv. Famous buildings of your home town.
v. Famous market of your home town
Answer:
I was born in Lahore, the city of gardens and historical sights. Lahore is popularly known as the "Mughal showcase" as it has some beautiful Mughal buildings such as, the Royal Fort, Badshahi Mosque, Shalimar Garden and tombs of emperor Jahangir and empress Noorjehan. Lahore is also one of the country's important art, cultural and literary centre, it has country's most well know educational institutions such as the government college, Kinnaird shopping centers such as Ichra, Anarkali and liberty and has many interesting eating places.
Q.5 Write the comparative and superlative forms of the following
adjectives. You may like to consult a dictionary or ask your tutor.
Positive Degree
Comparative Degree
Superlative Degree
Awesome
awesomer
awesomest
Wise
wiser
wisest
Huge
huger
hugest
Expensive
more expensive
most expensive
Cold
colder
coldest
Vibrant

more vibrant
most vibrant
Simple
simpler
simplest
Crowded
more crowded
most crowded
Excellent
more excellent
most excellent
Clear
clearer
clearest
Q.6 Here are a few people who are very close to you. How will you invite
them? Write appropriate informal invitation for the following sentences. 

Ans: Invitations:
a. Invite your brother to accompany you to watch a theatre performance.
a. Asad, come and accompany me to watch a theatre this evening.
b. Invite your grandmother to come and sit outside in the sun.
b. Dear grandmother, let us go and sit outside in the sun.
c. Invite your aunt and uncle at your wedding anniversary.
c. Uncle, we would be delighted if you join my wedding anniversary.
d. Invite a group of friends to spend a few hours in park.
d. Dear friends, let us go and spend a few hours in park.
e. Invite your niece and nephew for an ice cream.
e. Nomi and Marya, come on for ice cream.
Q.7 The following paragraph contains different parts of speech. Can you
differentiate between nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs and prepositions? Write these in their columns.

Nouns
Pronouns
Verbs
Adverbs
Prepositions
Wales, Animals, Earth, oceans , tongues , elephant,
diet, times , year , krill, automobile
those ,
their
Known , Lived , rule , weigh , composed,
consume ,
reach
long , alone , as much as , during , much , nearly, exclusively, upwards , tiny
on, at
Q.8 In section B of unit 6 you have learned some of the common
expression for inviting people.

Situation: Invite your friends on your 30th birthday at Dinners Inn on December 20th at 7:30 P.M.
Ans: Invitation Cards:
! Dear Mr. Mumtaz: Assalam-o-Alaikum: f
I I would be delighted if you attend my birthday party at Islamabad 1 I Hotel on December 20th at 7:30 Pm. 

 For More Solved Assignments of all classes aiou click this link Solved Assighnments Autumn 2021 -Matric/Attc-FA/I Com -BA/B.Ed-BCS-MA-.M-ed




Post a Comment

  1. kindly link of assignment ba 2nd semester 2022..as early as possible

    ReplyDelete

 
Top