0

Essay: Hostel life


Essay: Hostel life
 

 

 

 

 

I belong to a rural area of Punjab. When I passed my matriculation examination it was a double joy for me as I could go to Lahore for further studies. Whenever my elder cousins came to our house they told us many interesting things about Lahore. They were students and lived in Lahore.
Luckily, I had got good marks so they told me to apply for admission in Government College, Lahore. I had heard the name of this college. They used to tell me about its magnificent building and glorious traditions.
My father went to Lahore and submitted the admission forms. After a few days, I was informed that my name was there in the merit list. I was overjoyed. Everybody was congratulating my father. He was very happy. My father brought me to Lahore.
It was the first time I came to Lahore. This city won my heart.
I was admitted in the college and got a room in the hostel as well. I had my suitcase with me. The hostel superintendent gave all the new-comers a briefing about the hostel rules in the dining hall of the hostel. My room-mate was a friendly boy. He was from Balochistan. We unpacked our luggages.
The hostel warden was very strict. He made us abide by the hostel discipline. We could not stay out after dinner. At ten K o’clock everybody had to sleep, in the beginning, it was not liked by the boys but with the passage of time, we became used to it. We had understood the betterment behind this discipline. The hostel mess was good. The cook had been working in a four star hotel so the meals were very tasty.
There was a T.V room in the hostel. We could watch programmes after dinner. All the English and Urdu newspapers were available in the hostel.
The atmosphere was perfect for a student. I got the study support of senior students who helped us in every possible way I am an engineer now and working in a construction firm I am indebted to the hostel life which gave me a disciplined life.

Post a Comment

 
Top