Ninth Lahore Board 2008
Paper : chemistry (Obj. Type) Paper-I
Total Marks: 12 Group-1 Time Allowed: 15 Min .
Note:Use this paper to write the answers to the objective
questions. No marks will be awarded for cutting, over-writing or using a pencil. This paper must be tagged with the answer-
book. 1. Four possible answers arc given for the following questions. Tick mark (/) the correct answer: (12)
- Flrdus -ul-Hikmat " was written by: (a) Al Jahiz (b) A1 B run i (c) Khalid Bin Yazeed (d)Abu Mansoor
- Law of definite proportion was presented by: (a) Dalton (b) Joseph (c) Lavoisier (d) Robert Boyle
- Uranium was discovered by: (a) Madam Curie (b) I-Ienrj Bequeral (c) Gold Stein (d) William Crooks
- Number of elements in the 4th period of modern periodic table is: (a) 18 (b) SO (c) 10 (d) 219
- Triads were made by: (a) Dobcreincr (b) Newlands (c) Mosley (d) lothar Meyer
- (vi) Bond which is formed by mutual sharing of elements between atom is (a) Ionic bond (b) Covalent bond (c) Metallic bond (d) Coordinate covalent bond
- The temperature of a liquid at which its vapour prcssur&vaccumes equal to atmospheric or external pressure is called: (a) Melthing point (b) Boiling point (c) Freezing point(d)Absolute temperature
- Solubility of sodium chloride in 100 gram water is: (a) 45.7g (b) 35.7g (c) 25.7g (d) 15.7g
- In 1887 Ionic Theory was given by: (a) Lewis (b) Arrhenius (c) Lowry (d) Kosscl
- One Faraday has number of coulombs: (a) 10000 (b) 98400 (c) 96500 (d) 94200
- Which one is called weak base: (a) Fc(OH), (b) NaOH (c) Ca(OH) KOH
- During an endothermic reaction: (a) The apparatus used is cooled down (b) The total energy of the reactant increases (c) The total energy of product decreases (d) Thc apparatus used is cooled down and total energy of the reactant increases
Paper: Chemistry (Group-1) (EssayType)
Time Allowed: 1.45 Hours Max. Marks: 48 Note:Attempt any FIFTEEN (15) questions front Part-1 and attempt any TWO questions from Part-11:
2. Write any FIFTEEN (15) short answers of the following
(i) What is meant by scientific method ?
(ii) Define the law according to scientific method.
(iii) Define chemical formula and write down the formula of any
(iv) Balance the equation:
Na2CO3+ NaCl → NaCl+H2O+CO2
(v) What is valency and write the valency of oxygen and nitrogen? (vi) Write down the chemical formula of the following compounds: (a) Benzene (b) Ammonium sulphate
(vii) What is meant by artificial radioacti^fy?
(viii) Define atomic size.
(ix) Define electron affinity.
(x) Give two properties of covalent ompounds.
(xi) Write two properties of metals.
(xii) Define sublimation.
(xiii) What is meant by Brownian Movement?
(xiv) Define standard solution.
(xv) What is meant by Insolubility?
(xvi) What is meant by concentration of saturated solution?
(xvii) What is gram equivalent?
(xviit) What are the properties of good conductor?
(xix) What is the acidity of a base?
(xx) What are the properties of lime and magnesia and write their formulas.
(xxi) - Write some uses of potash alum.
(xxii) What changes occur in environment during exothermic reaction?
(a)Explain the law of multiple proportion with the help of an example. (5)
(b) lOOg of sodium hydroxide are dissolved in water and the volume of solution is made one dm Determine the molarity of this solution. (4)
(a) Describe Bohar's atomic model. (5) (b) What arc the main points of Arrhenius Ionic Theory? (4)
(a) What do you understand by the term electro negativity? How does it affect the molecular structure?
Which of the following molecules arc polar: (5)
CH4, HBr, H2O2, O2
(b) Write short notes on the following: (4) (i) Acidic salts (ii) pH scale