0

  Essay:                                                          My Hobby



Concise Oxford Dictionary defines hobby as a favourite free-time activity, or occupation. So hobby is something done In the spare time just for the sake of fun or to pass time. Hobbles till our leisure with something admirable. Otherwise, the result is boredom. Hobbies serve as a link between work and Idleness, They save us from the dull routine of work and give us thrill when we have actually nothing to do.
There are many types of hobbies. Some are outdoor hobbies and some are indoor. Outdoor hobbies give us physical exercise as well, e.g., gardening, jogging, walk and hiking. On the other hand, indoor hobbles keep us mentally busy. They give us no physical exercise. Photography, collecting various things, pen friendship, reading and writing are such hobbles. I have two hobbies: gardening and stamp-collecting.
In summer and spring, I say my prayer In the morning and 1 go straight to my lawn. In winter, I start my work In the garden I quite late in the morning. Once, I am among plants, I have no j sense of time, I just remember William Wordsworth's saying: I “Closer to Nature, closer to perfection." I have the tools of a j gardener with me. Once a week I do all the work myself. When I touch the soft branches and leaves, I fee, overjoyed. My fingers 1 love this sweet sensation, The shoots, buds and flowers reflect the work of Allah Almighty. He is surely the greatest artist of the universe. When I look closely at the process of growth and! decay in Nature, my belief in Allah becomes firm.
MoDDies are usually not rewarded, but I get my reward of jrdening. This reward is of different type. On the twenty-third March, I hold a get together of my friends in my lawn. This is y birthday as well. Spring is in full bloom. In the afternoon, this aautiful lawn and flowers of different colours look very tractive. When my friends admire my efforts, I feel that Nature as given me my reward. My close friends wait for this day. ney remember the colours and the scent of various flowers, n numerous occasions, I have participated in the flower shows aid in the city. My stalls have won prizes twice. This has taught le a lesson that love of Nature never goes unrewarded.

Post a Comment

 
Top