2

Solved Assignment 1423                           ASSIGNMENT No. 2           aiou        Spring 2021

Q.l In Section A of Unit 5, you have learnt how to express certainty, uncertainty and obligation. Write about your plans and intensions using the following words. Follow the example. (10)
Example: Certainly
I certainly will visit my uncle next week.
Possibly, perhaps, almost certain, definitely, likely to be, certainly, undoubtedly, in fact, surely,
Answer:
i. I possibly own this house.
ii. Perhaps I will return immediately form abroad.
iii. My victory in the game is almost certain.
iv. I will definitely buy a new car.
v. I likely to join this company.
vi. I will undoubtedly reline from home in the next five years.
vii. In fact, i will work hard for success.
viii. I will surely reappear in the exam.
Q..2 In Section B of Unit 5, you are introduced to active and passive voice. Change the following active sentences into passive and the passive sentences into active. (10)
i. His professors were discussing his exam result.
ii. Mr. Butt broke the vase as he walked through the store.
iii. These books had been left in the classroom by a careless student.
iv. Children cannot open these bottles easily.
v. Tom is always beaten by Jerry.
vi. The workers are making repairs all month long.
vii. My son ate all the homemade biscuits.
viii. The streets had been blocked off by the police.
ix. My car is being repaired by a mechanic.
x. My books were stolen by someone yesterday.
Answer:
i. His exam result was being discussed by his professors.
ii. The vase was broken by Mr. Butt as he walked through the street.
iii. A careless student had left these books in the class.
iv. These bottle can't easily be opened by children.  v. Jerry always beats the Tom.
vi. Repairs are being made by workers all the months.
vii. All the homemade buscuits were eaten by my son.
viii. The police had blocked off the streets.
ix. A mechanic is repairing my car.
x. Yesterday, someone stole my books.
Q.3 In Section D of Unit 5, you have learnt how to write a job application. Write a job application to the principal of a college for the post of an SET (Senior English Teacher). (20)
Answer:
To
The Principal
Allama Iqbal Open University Sector H8, Islamabad
Subject:- Job Application for senior English Teacher
Sir/Madam,
Respectfully stated that there is a vacancy in your school / college for an English teacher the requirements of the job needs teacher having experience of at least two
years from a reputed school / college and has done MA (English). I am eligible according to the requirements of the job as published in the advertisement on that basis. I want to apply in your institution as a teacher. I am fully aware by to character of work and can handle all the educational matters simply and literally.
By appointing me, i assure that you will set a punctual and hardworking teacher. All the mandatory
documents are attached with my application for you kind view.
Yours truly.
Abdullah Farooq Samanabad Lahore
Q. 4 In Section B of Unit 6, you have learnt how to make statements using future tense and the phrase going to. Convert the following structures into sentences using the phrase 'going to' for expressing plans and intensions. Follow the example (10)
Example: What/you/wear/to the party?
What are you going to wear to Sonia's wedding reception?
i. When/you/visit me again?
ii. What time/Tahir/phone you tonight?
iii. How long/ your friends/ stay here?
iv. What time/you/get up tomorrow?
v. How long/you/play?
vi. What/she/cook/for dinner?
vii. Where/you/next year?
viii. Why/he/write/a letter?
ix. Whom/she/ask/for help?
x. When/they/arrange/the trip?
Answer:
i. When are you going to visit here again?
ii. What time is Tahir going to call you tonight?
iii. How long are your friends going to stay here?
iv. What time are you going to get up tomorrow?
v. How long are you going to play?
vi. What is she going to cook for dinner?
vii. Where are you going next year?
viii. Why is he going to write a letter?
ix. Whom is she going to ask for help?
x. When are they going to arrange the trip?
Q.5 In Section A of Unit 7, you have learnt how to take and give permission. There are many expressions used for this purpose. Use the following expressions in sentences. Follow the example. (10)
Expressions for asking permission
Expressions for giving permissions
Can 1, could you, do you, would you, is it
Sure, go ahead, certainly, no problem, all right
Example: A friend takes permission to use your car:
Taking permission: Can I borrow your car? Giving permission: Of course you can.
i. A colleague takes permission to read your newspaper.
ii. A friend takes permission to use your book.
iii. Your brother requests you for some money.
iv. You takes your parents for a new bicycle.
v. Your sister takes you for some help in studies.
  Q.6 Section A of Unit 8, shows how to expressing appreciation and gratitude to strengthen your relationships with people around you. How would you express your appreciation and gratitude for the following gifts of God. Use a different expression every time.(lO)
i. Good health
ii. Caring family
iii. Good education
iv. Well paid job
v. Obedient children
Answer:
1. I am thankful to Allah almighty for blessing me good heath. I am forever grateful that I have no serious illness. Without sound health everything is useless so i am always showing gratefulness.
2. Alhamdulillah, Allah has blessed me with a caring family. I am so happy to have people in my life who love me, care about me and want the best of the best for me. I can never thank Allah enough for blessing with my wonderful family.
3. I feel so good to be blessed with education. Something not everyone the ability to be educated and i am so grateful for that.
4. I am so blessed Alhamdulillah I can never thank Allah enough for the countless bounties. I am always gratitude to Allah for provide me my dream job.
5. I have no words to express my satisfaction and gratefulness to Allah Almighty for blessing me obedient sensible and pious children.
Q.7 In Section B of Unit 8, you have learned how to construct direct and indirect narration.
Change the narration of the following sentences. (10)

He said/' I live in Peshawar".
She said, 'I have visited London twice'.
He said, 'I went to Peshawar last week'.
Page 11 
He said, 'I am going to find a new job.' Mr. Khan said, 'I will give Jameel a call.'
Answer:
i. He said that he lived in peshawar.
ii. She said that she had visited london twice.
iii. He said that he had gone to peshawar previous week.
iv. He said that he was going to find a new job.
v. Mr Khan said that he would give jameel a call.
Q.8 Section A of Unit 9, shows you different ways of giving advice and suggestions. Join the words in proper order and then construct appropriate expressions of suggestions. Use a different expression of suggestion each time. Follow the example. (10)
Example: Go/walk/track
I suggest that we go for a walk on the track.
i. Hire/DVD/weekend
ii. Attend/class/regularly
iii. Take/notes/class
iv. Study/hard/exams
v. Ask/questions/class
vi. Try/get/good grades
vii. Participate/class discussion
Answer:
i. We should hire a DVD for a weekend to complete this project.
ii. I would suggest you to attend the english classes regularly.
iii. I propose you to take written assignment and notes form the class.
iv. I think he should study hard for getting first position.
v. I recommend you to oslc different question from you teacher in the class.
vi. I suggest that she have to try and practice many times for good grades
vii. In my opinion we must participate in the classroom as well as in group discussion.
Q.9 In Section C of Unit 9, you are taught the difference between facts and opinion. Write down one fact and one opinion about each of the given words. Follow the example.(10)
Example: Fact: Saeed Anwar is a Pakistani player.
Opinion: He is a good player.
Kashmir, Money, Pare
Jammu and Kashmir is the northernmost state in India.
The central disagreement of Pakistan India is Kashmir Issue.
The first paper money was made in china over 1,000 years ago.
Money is the most essential element for happy life.
Children inherit eye color, skin pigmentation and other specific traits form their parents
Caring parents nourish good habits in their child.
Having no friends is dangerous to your health.
Some friends are sincere and loyal.
Education benefits individual and society is general.
Education is essential in life.

Post a Comment

  1. Articles that have significant and savvy remarks are more agreeable, at any rate to me. It’s fascinating to peruse what other individuals thought and how it identifies with them or their customers, as their point of view could help you later on.
    Thanks for sharing with us.


    Rex Miller | do my assignment for me uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Building teams is never as easy as it sounds. Generally, you are dealing with people from diverse backgrounds, cultures, family life, attitudes, and levels of skill. If everyone was the same, building a team might be fairly easy, but everyone isn't the same, even if they are all on the same team and aspire to the same goals and successes that are presented. Assignment Help

    ReplyDelete

 
Top