2

 Solved Assighnment :    1423               English                           BA               Spring 2021                                                    

                                                                  ASSIGNMENT No. 1 

Q.l :In Section A of Unit 1, you have studied  how to ask different types of questions and give answers. Read the statements given below and convert them into questions. Follow the example. (20)
Example: Statement: She is working in Peshawar.
Question: Where is she working?
i. He can help us.
ii. I have done my homework.
iii. She is reciting the holy Quran.
iv. He will be very busy tomorrow.
v. She writes a letter every day.
vi. He missed the bus yesterday.
vii. I may go to see my uncle tomorrow.
viii. Ali was playing foot ball.
ix. He would be able to help us.
x. Sania had been working since morning.
Answer:
i. Can he help us?
ii. Have I done my homework?
iii. Is she reciting the Holy Quran?
iv. Will he be very busy tomorrow?
v. Does she write a letter every day?
vi. Did he miss the bus yesterday?
vii. May i go to see my uncle tomorrow?
viii. Was ali playing?
ix. Would he be able to help us?
x. Had Sania been working since morning?
Q.2 In Section B of Unit 1, you have learnt how to construct Simple Present Tense and Present Continuous Tense sentences. Fill in each of the following blank with the correct simple present or continuous tense. (10)
1.Marfa (work) for a TV station.
ii. At the moment she (travel) in the Sahara Desert.
iii. Ali  (love) wild animals.
iv. He (not visit) Kashmir at the moment.
V. Mariam (not live) in Lahore.
vi. She (stav) in Islamabad at the moment.
vii. My parents (go) to Murree every year.
viii. My sister (walk) to school every day.
ix. We (have) lunch now.
xi. Mv mother usually (go) shopping on Saturdays.
Q.3 In Section A of Unit 2, you have read about how to seek confirmation and how to make confirmation questions. Suppose someone has given you the following statements, how will you ask for confirmation and use tag questions? Follow the example. (20)
Example: Someone: I have 11 children.
You: You have 11 children? Haven't you?
i. Ali has visited sixteen countries.
ii. I was here early morning.
iii. He doesn't have six fingers in his left hand.
iv. I have walked all the way from Murree to Islamabad.
v. Your phone number is 0301-432-1212.
vi. The balance in your account is 70,000.
vii. My mother prays five times a day.
viii. She was not a house wife.
ix. I am working in a bank now a day.
xi. I would not have helped you even if I could.
Answer:
i. Hasn't he?
ii. Wan't I ?
iii. Does he ?
iv. Haven't I ?
v. Isn't it ?
vi. Isn't it ?
vii. Isn't she?
viii. Was she ?
ix. Aren't I ?
x. Would I ?
Q.4 In Section C of Unit 2, you have learnt synonyms and antonyms as part of vocabulary. Write down the synonyms and antonyms of the following words. Follow the example.(10)
Example: Small Little Large
Bright
Heavy
New
Give
Easy
Answer:
Small
Little
Large
Bright
Shining
Dark
2
Heavy
Weighty
Light
3
New
Latest
Old
4
Give
Hand over
Take
5
Easy
Simple
Difficult
Q.5 In Section B of Unit 2, you are taught how to construct and use Present Perfect Tense. Convert the following sentences into Present Perfect Tense. (10)
i. She is cooking the meal.
ii. The professor will be teaching.
iii. He goes to school daily.
iv. Mr. Ali went to the bank.
v. I was writing a letter.
vi. She has been watching the kids.
vii. You will have been teaching him for hours.
viii. He had been regularly going to the dentist.
ix. Tom will read the book.
x. He goes to mosque every day.
Answer:
i. She has cooked the meal.
ii. The professor has taught.
iii. He has gone to school.
iv. Mr Ali has went to the bank.
v. I have written a letter.
vi. She has watched the kids.
vii. You have taught him for hours.
viii. Tom has read the book.
ix. He has gone to mosque.
Q.6 In Section A of Unit 3, different ways of agreeing and disagreeing with someone's ideas, opinions or arguments are given. Read the statements given below and do as directed. Follow the example. (10)
Example: Statement: Don't you like cricket? (disagree strongly)

Agreeing: No I think all games are waste of time.
i. Pakistanis are good hosts, (agree strongly)
ii. Ali is a good player. (Agree in parts)
iii. Can you do the laundry tonight? (Disagree)
iv. Students are all disrespectful. (Disagree strongly)
v. Exercise is good for health. (Agree)
Answer:
i. Yes, because Pakistan people are very hospitable.
ii. Yes, because he is respectful.
iii. No, I am going to spend time will my family tonight.
iv. No, most of the students showing their consolation for their teachers by obeying
them.
Q.7 In Section A of Unit 4, expressing possibility and impossibility is taught to you. Write about your plans, intensions, wishes and dreams that you think will perhaps come true (five sentences) and the things that you think might not be possible to happen (five sentences). Follow the example. (10)
Examples: I may get married this year.

I might not get promotion this year.
Answer:
i. I may get a good job this year.
ii. I may finish this project.
iii. I might go for travelling outside the country.
iv. I may start a new business.
v. I might go to japan for a month.
vi. I might not sell my house.
vii. I may not get best result in the exam.
viii. I may not run this institute.
ix. I might not change my mobile.
x-I might not get financial stability in this job.
Q.8 In section B of Unit 4, you have learnt about Modal Verbs. Give suggestions in response to the following statements using the following modal verbs. Following the example: (10)
Can, might, should, must, may, could
Example: He is sneezing and coughing.
Suggestion: He should take some medicine for flue.
i. I need to get good grades in exam.
ii. Ali has tooth ache.
iii. Maria has burned her hand while cooking.
iv. You are late for dinner
v. She was stuck in traffic.
Answer:
i. You must study and work hard.
ii. He must consult the doctor.
iii. She should take safety precaution while cooking.
iv. You should be get up early.
v. She must start her journey early in morning.

Post a Comment

 
Top