0

Letters

A letter to the postmaster of the area about the non-receipt of a parcel. 

Examination Hall, 
City; A.B.C. 
March 12, 2014. 
 Dear Sir, 
I want to take your kind attention to a problem facing me.I am waiting a parcel . It contained some precious articles and weighed one kilo. It was wrapped in white cloth. It has not reached me as yet. I fear it has been lost in transit. Had it been misdelivered, the recipient must have returned it to the post office by now. Kindly investigate the matter immediately and let me know of your findings. I am sure responsibility can be fixed on someone. It will be a disgrace to the postal authorities if such cases go unchecked. 
Yours faithfully, 
 Name 

 A letter to the S.H.O regarding the loss of something. 

 Examination Hall, 
City A.B.C. 
 March 15, 2014. 
The Station House Officer, 
Police Station, 
 City. 
 Dear Sir,
 Today, at about ten, I was returning from the college on a bicycle. I had some papers in a file placed on the carrier. When I reached the second crossing on the main road, I looked back and found the file missing. I rushed back to the college looking for the file on the way, but to no avail. The documents I have lost are important. I shall need them shortly. It is possible that the finder may deposit them with the police.
 If they reach you, kindly ensure that I get them immediately. I shall pay one. thousand rupees to anyone who restores them to me.
 Yours faithfully, 
Name .

A letter to the editor of a newspaper about rash driving.

Rash driving







 Examination Hall, 
City A.B.C. 
June 2, 2014. 
The Editor, 
 The Pakistan Times, Lahore. 
Sir, 
Now-a-days road accidents have been on the increase. They are a great threat to iife and property. The Government should take effective steps to guard against them. The main reason of the accidents is fast and rash driving. The buses start a race on the road. The drivers overtake and re-overtake one another on narrow roads and risky turnings. 
This causes horrible accidents. The police should keep a constant watch over the speed of the vehicles. Check-posts should be established and surprise raids should be conducted frequently. Severe action should be taken against the defaulters. The licences of the drivers exceeding the speed-limit should be cancelled forthwith. The passengers should be requested through the press to co-operate with the government. They should refuse to travel in such buses as not observing traffic rules. 
 Yours truly, 
 X.Y.Z 
Previous ...................  More letters......................Next     

Post a Comment

 
Top