0

Traffic accidents-essay

Outline:
1-Introduction
2-The frequency of traffic accidents
3-causes:
(i) Negligence
(ii) Overspeeding.
(iii) Competition among buses and wagons.
(iv) Faulty system of issuing driving licences.
(v) Over-abundance of route permits and their impact on traffic.
(vi) The narrowness and unsuitable condition of I roads.
“An accident is something that happens unexpectedly to I hurt a person.” If you hit somebody and he hits you back and I hurts you that is not an accident because you should have I expected it. But if you climb a ladder, and the ladder somehow I slips or gives way, and with that you, too, fall down and hurt I yourself, that is an accident because you did not expect it, I otherwise you would not have climbed up it.
Every year millions of people fall a prey to accidents. In I the United States alone, nearly 15,000 persons are killed and I almost a hundred times of that are hurt in accidents every I year. The biggest number of those who are killed, about I 55,000 die in road accidents of one kind or another.
In Pakistan, though no authentic figures are available, I the situation is not very different; on closer examination, we I will find it even grimmer. The number of accidents that are I daily reported in the Press or on the TV and Radio, is enough I to convince you that our roads have become veritable death I traps for us.
In the occurrence of road accidents, the negligence and | ignorance of human beings plays a major part in Pakistan. I Most of the drivers are either illiterate or incompetent or both. Many of them drive their vehicles without licences or on fake licences. The number of institutions where training in driving could be imparted is negligible. A law which makes it incumbent on the owners of commercial vehicles to provide retiring rooms for drivers and to get work out of them for a fixed number of hours does exist on paper, but it is seldom put into practice.
Most of the drivers drive their vehicles over distances of two hundred and fifty miles. They work for long hours. This saps their energies and they become addicts of intoxicants

Post a Comment

 
Top