3
ALLAMA IQBAL OPEN UNIVERSITY, ISLAMABAD
(Department of English Language & Applied Linguistics)

Course: Compulsory English-II (387)

Level: Intermediate    Semester: Spring, 2019

Total Marks: 100    Pass Marks: 40

Solved Assighnments spring 2019 aiou

 

ASSIGNMENT No. 1
(Units 1–5)

Q.1    Read Unit 1 to learn how to express your likes and dislikes and then make sentences (2 each) expressing your likes and dislikes regarding the following. Use a different expression each time.    (20)
  1. Family members
  2. Food items
  3. Games
  4. Books
  5. Television

    Example:     I like my elder sister.
                I am afraid I don’t like meat.                        (10)


1- Family members

I dislike the noisy habit of my family members.

I love to spend time with my family members.

2. Food items

I enjoy healthy food items.

I can't stand with oily and unhealthy food items.

3-Games
I am crazy about adventure games.
 I can't bear boring games. 
4-Books

I like reading books.

I do not like historical books.

5-Television 

I Iove to watch sport on television.

I hate to watch documentary on television.
Q.2    Look at the title pages/covers of two different books below. What does each title tell you about the book? Write five sentences on each guessing the contents each book may have. Read Unit 1 for guidance on previewing.    (10)

    Image result for cover pages of books    Related image
ANS: BOOK 1
1.     The book has information about Cultural Understanding.
2.    The book tells us about Citizen Responsibilities.
3.     The book provides information about the importance of Economic Education.
4.     This book contains information about our political leaders.
5.     This book is about our country-related resources.
BOOK 2
1.     This book tells us how much of elephant circus life different from wildlife.
2.    This book tells us how to train, elephant in the circus.
3.     The book tells us about elephant feel lonely in a circus atmosphere.
4.     The book has information about elephant stunts in the circus.
5.    The book contains information related baby elephant.


Q.3    Use the following words in sentences showing your intentions/plans. Follow the example. Read Unit 2 for guidance.    (15)
   
    Example:     I may join a college. 

  1. I want to   
  2. It is may intention to   
  3. I will see if I can   
  4. I am interested in   
  5. I would rather   
  6. I may   
  7. I intend to   
  8. I will   
  9. I have not decided yet   
  10. I am going to   
Answer:-                                                                                                    
1.      I want to do some computer course after the end of the semester.
2.      It is my intention to become a cricketer.
3.      I will see if I can wash clothes this afternoon.
4.      I am interested in writing as well, so I may become a writer.
5.      I would rather go to the cinema.
6.      I may become a doctor.
7.      I intend to become a good house wife.
8.      I will go to spend my summer vacation with my friend.
9.      I have not decided yet to join Pakistan Army.
10.1 am going to become a teacher.



Q.4    Read Unit 3 on how to give instructions and then write ten sentences giving instruction to your younger sister regarding how to study for examination.     (10)

    Example: You have got to study at least three hours every day. 
ANS:
1-Since you have only a week to prepare yourself for examination you must work harder than usual.
2-You must have all your determination and resolution to bring laurels by performing well in your exam.
3-I suggest you to study whatever your exam schedule has given.
4-Give a little more effort and importance towards Math's and Physics as they are both conceptual subject.
5-These days will become your best days as you will prepare for yourself.
6-Don't take too much of stress on as you can take break for some time.
7-You need not panic or fear during your exams.
8-You can listen music, meditate your mind so as to refresh your brain.
9-You have to eat healthy food till your examination ends as it is equally important to stay fit,
 to have strong mind and to have a healthy body in order to give exams.
10-Try not to distract yourself.


Q: 5 Write an Informal letter to your


class fellow who is suffering from flu, telling
him how to take care of himself. Read Unit 3 for guidance on writing informal letters. (10)
   
    Example: You should not drink cold water. 
    Ans: For ans click on this link
Q.6    You have read in unit 4 how to ask questions to get information. Make question sentences using the following points for getting information.    (15)

    Example:     Place of book from mother
                Where are my books mother?
   
  1. test score from teacher
    2.    address from stranger
    3.    report from doctor
    4.    recipe from mother
    5.    cricket match time from friend
    6.    dinner time from sister
    7.    dress design from tailor
    8.    application process from officer
    9.    price from shopkeeper
    10.    book from librarian
9.      Price from shopkeeper
10.       Book from librarian
Answer:-
1.      Test score from teacher
Sir, how much numbers I scored in test.
2.       Address from stranger
Sir, can you please tell me about this address.
3.       Report from doctor
What's about my medical report doctor?

4.   Recipe from mother
How can I cook fried rice mother.
5.   Cricket match time from friend
 What's the time of start this match AH.
6.   Dinner time from sister  
 Hina when will dinner start.
7.   Dress design from tailor
 Is my dress is ready? Sir
8- Application process from officer.
When will be my application processed?
9-Price from shopkeeper.
What is the rate sugar now a days?
10. Book from librarian.
Can I have "Islamic history" book Madam.

Q.7    Write a job application letter to the principal of any private school for the vacant post of an assistant. Read Unit 5 to learn how to write job application letters.    (10)
 Ans: for answer click on this link
Q.8    Read the passage quickly and state what it is about. Also suggest a suitable title for the passage. Read unit 5 for guidance on speed reading.    (10)

Ants are found everywhere in the world. They make their home in buildings, gardens, etc. They live in anthills. Ants are very hardworking insects. Throughout the summers, they collect food for the winter season. Whenever they find a sweet lying on the floor, they stick to the sweet and carry it to their home. Thus, in this way, they clean the floor. Ants are generally red and black in colour. They have two eyes and six legs. They are social insects. They live in groups or colonies. Most ants are scavengers they collect whatever food they can find. They are usually wingless but they develop wings when they reproduce. Their bites are quite painful. 

Answer-
Title: -                    Social insect "The Ant"
This paragraph circled the life of ant, how they live, how they get food and secure it for future. Their unity and social living is an example for human beings

Solved Assighnments spring 2019 aiou

 Matric
Solved assighnments aiou code 207 # 1 spring 2019

Solved assighnments aiou code 207 # 2  spring 2019 

solved assignment code 221# 1 aiou spring 2019

solved assignments code 221 assign # 2 aiou spring 2019 

 FA/FSC

 For assighnment  386 aiou  #1 click here
                  Solved assighnment FA  386 assighn #1

Solved assign code 386 assign # 2 spring 2019

For assighnment 387 #1 click here  spring 2019
                          387 spring 2019 aiou

solved assignments code 387 assign # 2 spring 2019

BA/BS/B.ED


 For assighnment  416 aiou  #1 click here
    Solved assighnments  416 aiou spring 2019

For assighnment  417 aiou  #1 click here
                 solved assighnments  417 aiou spring 2019 

    Solved assignment 417 2nd assin spring 2019

solved assighnment 449 #1 aiou spring 2019

solved assighnment 449 # 2  aiou spring 2019

For assighnment  1423 aiou  #1 click here  spring 2019
                   1423 spring 2019 aiou 

For assighnment  1423 aiou  #2 click here  spring 2019
                    solved  assign# 2 aiou 1423 spring 

solved assignment code 1424# 1 aiou spring 2019

solved assignment code 1424 # 2 aiou spring 2019 

                            Solved assignments aiou spring 2019

For preparation of exam spring 2019  study past solved papers 
                        click on this link
                   solved  past papers aiou
 

Post a Comment

  1. Mjhy plz health and education code 485 ki solved assignment chaiy plz spring 2019 ki

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want the assignment of 364 i any one have plz send me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want assignment . code 309 , 387, and 364

    ReplyDelete

 
Top