0
ALLAMA IQBAL OPEN UNIVERSITY, ISLAMABAD
(Department of English Language & Applied Linguistics)

Course: Compulsory English-I    Course Code: 207

Level: Matric / SSC    Semester: Spring, 2019

Total Marks: 100    Pass Marks: 40

Solved Assighnments spring 2019 aiou

 

ASSIGNMENT No. 1
(Units 1–3)

Q.1    Read the dialogue and re-write the information about Tony in paragraph form.     (10)
A: Can you introduce yourself?
Tony: Yes! I am Tony William Black
A:  Where are you from?
Tony: I have come from America. 
A: Which city do you live in?
Tony: I live in Michigan city.
A: What is your profession?
Tony: I am a teacher.
A: What subject do you teach?
Tony: Mathematics.
A:  How long will you stay in Pakistan?
Tony:  Four months.
A:   Will you be working here?
Tony:  Yes, I will be teaching in Falcon School.
A: Are you married?
Tony: Yes, I have a wife and two children.
A:   Will your family live with you here?
Tony: I have come here alone.
Ans My name is Tony William Black.I am from Michigian City America.I am teacher by profession.
My Subject is Mathematics.I come here Pakistan before four month and now teaching in falcon school.I come here alone,and missed my family too,much.I am married person and have two children.
Q.2    Write a short paragraph giving information about the things you bought from
the market to decorate your room. Provide details about buying clothes, furniture, wall hangings, decoration and also about the setting and dimension of your
room etc.         (15) 
Ans: I got new separate room in my new house we bought last month. It situated on upper story of house and has beautiful location. A large window of left wall and attached with terrace garden. So I thought to have shopping to decorate it. I prepared a shopping list. I need bed sheet, cushions, center piece, curtains, wall hanger, vases decoration flower and some paintings. I went to market. There were a large number of my shopping list were available with different designs and colors. But all that items were flooded with inflation. Their market with empty pocket. But I have to manage my budget so I cut off my list. I dropped cushions and paintings from the list. I bought bed sheet, curtains, center piece, vases, only two wall hanger and decorative frames. I thought that I made satisfactory shopping for my room.
Q.3    Suppose you see an advertisement of job for a language teacher in a newspaper. The administration of the office requires the following information.    (15)
  1. Full name
  2. Permanent home address 
  3. Present address
  4. Education
  5. Experience
  6. Awards/certificates
  7. Any other language spoken
    How would you give this information to the officer? 
Ans:
  1. Full name(your Name)
  2. Permanent home address (your Address)
  3. Present address (your address)
  4. Education (Bachelor)
  5. Experience (one year relevant field)
  6. Awards/certificates ( computer operator)
  7. Any other language spoken urdu /punjab)
Q.4    Choose the correct WH words given in the box to complete each of the following questions.        (10)                                                                                                                       

Who, Why, What, When, Where
      
  1. ___________ are you living this time? The hotel on Jinnah Avenue.
  2. ___________should I park my car? In front of the gate.
iii.    ___________ will pick up the rubbish? The cleaner who comes in the morning.
iv.    ___________ is your best friend? The girl sitting in the front row. 
v.    ___________ are you running so fast? I want to reach school on time.
vi.    ___________ are you cooking food today? My cook is on leave today.
vii.    ___________ is the color of your dress? Blue and green.
viii.    ___________ does the weather forecast say about today? It is going to rain.
ix.    ___________ are you expected to return from the trip? In ten days.
x.    ___________ will you pick up your assignment? By next week.
Ans:
 
  1. Where are you living this time? The hotel on Jinnah Avenue.
  2. Where should I park my car? In front of the gate.
iii.   who will pick up the rubbish? The cleaner who comes in the morning.
iv.   Who is your best friend? The girl sitting in the front row. 
v.    Why are you running so fast? I want to reach school on time.
vi.    What are you cooking food today? My cook is on leave today.
vii.  What   is the color of your dress? Blue and green.
viii.   What does the weather forecast say about today? It is going to rain.
ix.    When are you expected to return from the trip? In ten days.
x.    When will you pick up your assignment? By next week.
Q.5    Suppose you want to ask your mother how to cook biryani. Write 5 questions that you will ask her about the recipe.     (10)
     1- What ingredients I want to cook Biryani  ?  
2- What is their measurment?                                                                                             
  3- How time it will get to cook.
4- What the sequence of adding spices in it.
  5- What is time to rest for biryani.
Q.6    Use the present continuous tense or ing form of the verb to write 5 sentences using the following verbs:    (20)   

play
study
work
eat
write

 Ans: 
1- The children are playing football.
 2-Javed is studding this time.
3- Hard working is key to success.
4-Hina is eating rice.
5- I am writing a play for annual function.
Q.7    Use to complete the following sentences.    (10)  

As
Because
Therefore
Due to
Since
                                                 
    i.    I want to study accounting______________ I want to become a chartered accountant.
    ii.   He is unable to travel _________________ he has no money.
iii He has been walking alone___________ he could not find a walk partner
  iv.  The student completed his work _________he was awarded with a certificate.
v- He couldn’t walk without help_______________________ his failing health.
Ans: 
   i.    I want to study accounting as I want to become a chartered accountant.
   ii.   He is unable to travel because he has no money.
iii He has been walking alone thereore he could not find a walk partner
  iv.  The student completed his work since he was awarded with a certificate.
v-He couldn’t walk without help due to his failing health.

Q.8    Sara wants to apply for the post of an intern at Standard Chartered Bank. Write a paragraph using the following words to tell her the procedure.      
(10)                                                                                                                    
                    
firstly
secondly
Later
next
After that
Finally

Ans: Firstly you have to resume and assembled your documents ..
Secondly you will prepared you CV by adding all your education, experience and personal data.
Later you have to write an application to the manager of standard chartered bank.
Next you will have to prepare yourself for interview.After that you will submit yoir cv and documents with application in the bank and finally they will call you for interview.




Solved Assighnments spring 2019 aiou

 Matric
Solved assighnments aiou code 207 # 1 spring 2019

Solved assighnments aiou code 207 # 2  spring 2019 

solved assignment code 221# 1 aiou spring 2019

solved assignments code 221 assign # 2 aiou spring 2019 

 FA/FSC

 For assighnment  386 aiou  #1 click here
                  Solved assighnment FA  386 assighn #1

Solved assign code 386 assign # 2 spring 2019

For assighnment 387 #1 click here  spring 2019
                          387 spring 2019 aiou


BA/BS/B.ED


 For assighnment  416 aiou  #1 click here
    Solved assighnments  416 aiou spring 2019

For assighnment  417 aiou  #1 click here
                 solved assighnments  417 aiou spring 2019

    Solved assignment 417 2nd assin spring 2019

solved assighnment 449 #1 aiou spring 2019

solved assighnment 449 # 2  aiou spring 2019

Solved assignment 485 # 1 spring 2019

solved assignment 485 # 2 spring 2019


For assighnment  1423 aiou  #1 click here  spring 2019
                   1423 spring 2019 aiou 

For assighnment  1423 aiou  #2 click here  spring 2019
                    solved  assign# 2 aiou 1423 spring 

solved assignment code 1424# 1 aiou spring 2019

solved assignment code 1424 # 2 aiou spring 2019

Post a Comment

 
Top