1

Letters to father

A letter to your father, requesting an increase in your monthly allowance

 17 /5b Hostel, 
 Government College,
 City. 
 January 13, 2014. 
My dear Father, 
 My house examination has just ended. You will be glad to know that I have done all the papers to my satisfaction. I hope to get good marks and win a prize in one or two subjects. For the last few months I have been finding it difficult to meet my expenses out of the amount you send me every month. 
 After paying my tuition fee and hostel dues, I am left hardly with any money. I have to cut down my expenses on necessary things I have borne his hardship, but new I feel that I can bear it no longer. I, therefore, rcquest an increase of thousand rupees in my monthly allowance. Pay my compliments to Mother and love to youngsters. 
Yours affectionately, 
 X.Y.Z. (Name). 

A letter to your father, about your examination paper in English 

Address.
 January 13,2013. 
 My dear Father, 
 I am just coming from the examination hall. It was our English Paper ‘A’ I am fully satisfied with it. The paper was not difficult. I attempted all the Questions. I hope to get first class marks. However, the paper was lengthy. I could get only ten minutes for the last question. Though I could have done it well, yet I bad to cut short the answer to finish it within time. 
I hope to get second class marks in this question. I could not revise the paper and might have committed a few mistakes of spellings. But what is done, is done. I should now think of other papers. Kindly pay my best compliments to Mother. 
Yours affectionately,
 X.Y.Z. (Name).

 A Letter to your father ,about your progress in studies


 Address.  
January 13. 2013. 
 My dear Father,
 In your letter of 5th November you have asked me to write you about my progress in studies. You know that in the house examination, had after the summer vacation, I failed in Economics. But since then I have been working hard and showing good results in the class tests. I hope to do better in the December test. In other subjects, including English, I obtained second class marks. But I am now working hard and hope to get a prize in one or two subjects in the next examination. 
Last time, I missed the first prize in Islamiat by only two marks. This time I hope to win it. So far I have not been able to do well in one subject History. To memorize dates of various events is a difficult job. Worse still, I sometimes confuse the dates. But I have not given up and am devoting my full attention to this subject. 
Pay my best compliments to Mother and love to younger brothers. Your affectionate son,
 X.Y.Z.

A letter of advice from a father to his son who studies in a college away from his home

 Examination Hall.
 October 11,2013. 
My dear son, 
 It is for more than a month that you have been studying at a place away from us. Till recently you lived with us and we knew all about you. But now you study in a college and live in a hostel out of our sight. 1 would like you to always keep in mind certain things. Your foremost duty is to study - and to study whole-heartedly. Let it not be said that you proved good-for-nothing when away from parents. This is  the time you can work hard. 
If you lose it, you will repent throughout your life. Avoid bad company. You will come across some students who have no other work except roaming around the city and visiting restaurants and coffee houses. They are habitual cinema-goers. They have no interest? in their studies. If you are not cautious, you may become one of them. Whenever you have some temptation .Remember the purpose for you have gone to a distant city. You should not become a book worm either.
 Always take some exercise in the morning and play some game in the evening This would keep you in the best of health. A healthy body keeps a healthy mind. Prepare your lesson a day earlier. Always be attentive to the lecture of your teachers. If you do not understand anything, stand up and ask them to explain it in detail. Show great respect to all of your teachers. I hope you will pay heed to my advice. 
Your affectionate father,
 X.Y.Z(Name)
Previous.................   More letters.................Next         

Post a Comment

 
Top