0

LETTERS TO FRIENDS

A letter to a friend, inviting him to join you on a visit to a hill station

Examination Hall.
October 11,2013
Dear friend,
Perhaps you remember your promise of accompanying me to Murree in the summer vacation. I am sending this letter to remind you of the same. Our college is closing on the 15th of this month. We may start our journey soon after that. I leave it entirely to you to fix the date and time of our departure. To me, any date and time will be most welcome. You can well imagine the pleasure and enjoyment we will have in the cool and health-giving climate of Murree.
 It will be a pleasure change for you from the sweltering heat of Multan to the refreshing atmosphere of Murree. You need not bother about accommodation .My maternal uncle accommodate a large house there. We can put up with him for as long as we wish. I am waiting for your rcply anxiously. Pleasc do write me soon. The whole programme depends on your letter.
Your's very sincerely,
X.Y.Z (Name)

A letter to your friend Inviting him to attend the marriage ceremony of your elder brother

 Examination Hall.
October 11,2013
Dear Naeem,
You already know about the proposed marriage of my elder brother, The date has now been fixed. It is the 28th of this month. It is expected that a large number of friends and relatives will participate in this ceremony. It will indeed be a memorable occasion for all of us I should hope that you will join us a couple of days before he marriage day you will find many of our old friends here, and we shall have a good time.
I am not sending you any formal invitation, because I think we are above all formalities .
 Yours sincerely, 
Name. 

A letter to a friend, describing an accident that you have recently witnessed.

 Examination Hall. 
October 11,2013
 Dear friend,
 On Sunday last I was an unfortunate witness to a fatal accident near Chowk.The memory of that horrible scene has never left me since, and may haunt me for a long time. I was waiting at the bus stand when I saw an old woman, with a bundle under her arm, crossing the road. Suddenly she found herself between a bus and a tonga coming from opposite sides. She lost her wits and tried to run back to the footpath. But the bus struck her and she was crushed under it. Someone called in a doctor, but she died before any medical aid could reach her.
You cannot imagine the horror of the sight. The poor old woman was lying on the road in a pool of blood. Her body had been badly disfigured . Everyone felt sorry for her; some had tears rolling down their cheeks. But she had no need of their pity. She was past all this. Meanwhile, two policemen arrived there and began the investigation. I left them recording the statements of the bus and the Tonga drivers, and returned home, sadder than ever.
Yours sincerely,
 Name.
Previous ........................More letter.................   Next          

Post a Comment

 
Top