0

A letter from a Business Firm to a Goods Manufacturing Company, complaining about some defect in a duplicating machine the firm has purchased recently

 Address, city. 
 September 7,2013. 
 To The Manager,
 Company name, 
city. 
Dear Sir, 
 We regret very much to inform you that the duplicating machine you sold us on the 5th of September has completely gone out of order. In fact, it broke down the very first time when our man worked on it. It worked for one hour only. You remember that you have guaranteed its performance for one year. 
We hope that you will honour your guarantee and replace the machine. We are arranging to return it. Please see that the new machine you send us, is free of all defects in design and construction. We will not like to judge the quality of your machines by the performance of one you sent us.
 Yours faithfully, 
 Manager, (company name).

Reply to the above 

5 Railway Road, city. 
September 10,2013. 
 Dear Sir, 
We hav'e just received your complaint about the breakdown of the duplicating machine you bought from us on September 5. We are extremely sorry for the trouble experienced by you. If you wish to return the damaged machine, we shall certainly replace it. But we would like to offer another suggestion. It is possible that your operator may not have carefully followed the instructions for using the machine. 
His carelessness may have damaged the rotators. We are sending our mechanic to have a look at the machine and find out the extent of damage. We hope that he shall be able to remove minor defects. Yours faithfully, 
 Manager, (company name).

 A letter to the General Manager, Pakistan Western Railways about goods received in a damaged condition 

 Stationery Mart, bazar (city). 
July 11,2013. 
 To The General Manager, 
 company name
. Dear Sir, Ten bundles of writing paper were despatched to us by a firm vide R.R. No. 11234 dated 7th July, 2013. When I went to the Lahore Railway Station to take delivery, I found four of them in a damaged condition. The suppliers have informed us that the goods were despatched on the railway’s risk. I, theref6re, request you that a representative of the Railways be deputed to assess the extent of the loss in consultation with me. A copy of the invoice is attached for his guidance. Kindly take immediate action to settle our claim so that our money is not blocked.
 Yours faithfully, Manager. letter to the Postmaster about the non-receipt of a parcel 4 Temple Road, Lahore. August 8,2013. To The Postmaster General, city. Dear Sir, On 6th July, 1990 a registered parcel was despatched to me from the you. It contained medicines and weighed two pounds. It was wrapped in white cloth. It has not reached me as yet. I fear it has been lost in transit . Had it been misdelivered, the recipient must have returned it to the post office by now. Kindly investigate the matter immediately and let me know of your findings. I am sure responsibility can be fixed on someone. It will be a disgrace to the postal authorities if such cases go unchecked. 
Yours faithfully, 
 Name. 

A letter to the Station House Officer regarding the loss of something 

 24 , city. 

November 12,2013. 

 To 
The Station House Officer, 
 City Police Station, (city).
 Dear Sir, 
Yesterday, at about four in the evening, I was returning from the District Courts on a bicycle. I had some papers in a file placed on the carrier. When I reached the second crossing on the main road, I looked back and found the file missing. I rushed back to the Courts looking for the file on the way, but to no avail. The documents I have lost are important. I shall need them shortly. It is possible that the finder may deposit them with the police. 
If they reach you. kindly ensure that I get them immediately. I shall pay fifty rupees to anyone who restores them to me. I would further request you to kindly issue instructions to the police posts under you to help me in this matter. They should inform me at once if they get the papers. 
Yours faithfully. 
 Name.
Previous................  More letters.....................Next         

Post a Comment

 
Top