0

A letter of condolence to your friend, on the death of his mother. 

 Examination Hall. 
 October 11,2013 
 Dear friend,
 I am much grieved to learn from your letter about the sad demise of your dear mother. May her soul rest in eternal peace! It is indeed an irreparable loss. You have suffered much at so tender an age. But none can avert the decree of Fate Therefore, my dear friend, have patience and learn to bear quietly your misfortunes. 
How bitterly your father must be grieving over the loss! I pray to the Almighty that He may give all of you the strength and patience to bear the loss. 1 deeply condole with you upon this loss and bereavement . Kindly convey my deepest sympathies to your father and other members of your family. I shall come to see you in a day or two. 
Yours very sincerely, 
Name. 

A letter to a friend, regarding your first airial journey 

 Examination Hall. 
October 11,2013 
 Dear friend, 
 A month ago, I had a chance to fly to Karachi. That was my first aerial journey. I was invited by my. uncle to spend a few holidays with him. He had arranged for the flight. On the fixed day I reached the Lahore airport. A big jet plane was ready to take off. 1 took my seat in it. It could accommodate more than two hundred persons. I got a seat near a window. Before the plane started, we were asked on the microphone to the safety belts to our bodies. 
Then the engines started and they made a great noise. The plane moved on the runway slowly. It soon began to run fast. Suddenly, with a jerk it lifted up - and up and up it rose. I felt a strange pleasure, mingled with fear, as if riding a flying horse. Soon we were flying above the clouds. I looked down. 1 could see through the openings in the clouds the river Ravi as a muddy ribbon of water. I also saw some dots here and there indicating villages. 
We were about a mile up in the air. After about an hour and a half it was announced that we were approaching Karachi. Within a short time the city was in full view. Our plane began to get lower and lower. I felt myself floating on my seat but had the safety belt on. With a dash, the plane headed towards the aerodrome. It touched the ground, and then wheeled on the runway at a terrific speed. I got down. My uncle was there to receive me. We hired a taxi and drove to the city. 
With best wishes, 
Yours sincerely,
 Name 

A letter to a friend about your favourite game 

 Examination Hall. 
October 11,2013 
 Dear Tajammal, 
 I received your letter yesterday in which you have asked me what game I play. You know I played hockey while at school. But on entering college I started playing basket ball. I like it, because it gives me the maximum of exercise within the shortest time. One has always to be active to catch the ball and pass it on or score a goal. While I played hockey there was hardly a day when somebody had not hurt his toe or strained his ankle. 
But there is no such thing in this game. You could hurt someone only with your body but as soon as you touch someone, the referee’s whistle goes and a foul is declared against you. If you commit too many fouls, you are sent out of the playground. I have now plenty of time for studies. In less than an hour, we have played the game, exhausted ourselves and gone back to our homes. 
It gives full exercise to my body and I feel relaxed. So basketball is my favourite game and I intend to win distinction in it. 
With best wishes, 
Yours sincerely,
 Name 
  Previous.............   More letters......................Next

Post a Comment

 
Top