0

A letter to a friend about the profession you wish to adopt

 Examination Hall.
 October 11,2013
 Dear friend, 
 I learn from your letter that you have taken up Arts subjects and aspire to Civil Service. I have taken admission in pre-engineering and naturally want to become an engineer. After doing my F.Sc., I hope to join some engineering college and graduate from there. After graduation, I would proceed abroad to some reputed university and study modern technical advances in the science of engineering. 
I wish to specialize in architecture. On my return, I wish to start practice as consultant architect; I shall establish a workshop of my own to carry out experiments in the latest designs and test their suitability to our climatic conditions. But let me first do my F.Sc., a stepping-stone to further studies. . 
 With kind regards, 
 Yours sincerely 
 Name.

 A letter to a friend, stating your first impression of College. 

Examination Hall. 
 October 11,2013 
Dear friend, 
 I have been attending college for the last few days. Indeed it is a new experience for me. 1 feel quite a change in me. The college has played a great role in it. To me the college is a place where I breathe free air. The humble and submissive boy of the tenth class has overnight become a respectable young man. 
College has a peculiar charm.It greets the newcomers with open arms. It makes them conscious of their hidden qualities. It teaches them to act and behave as honourable young men. It gives them freedom of thought and action. You will ask me what my first impression of college is. I shall say, college has offered me a chance to develop my personality in every aspect - social, moral and intellectual. 
Yours sincerely, 
  Name

A letter to an ailing friend

 Examination Hall. 
 October 11,2013 
Dear Friend, 
 I received your letter yesterday and came to know of your illness. It is a bad news, especially when your examination is so near. You should immediately consult some good physician. I would advise you to come to Lahore if proper medical facilities are not available in your town.
 I do not understand how you got fever. You have always been very careful about your health and observed the rules of hygienic conditions. It is perhaps the sudden change in weather that has made you unwell. Anyway, you should not worry about your ailment, but start proper medical treatment at once.
 You should be very careful about your diet .Take light and soft food so that you digest it properly. Praying for your recovery. 
 Yours sincerely, 
 Name 

A letter to a friend, requesting him for a favour 

 Examination Hall.
 October 11,2013  
Dear friend, 
Some of my friends and I propose to visit  Murree during the holidays. We intend to stay there for a week or so. We wish to go about the neighbourhood of Murree and enjoy the natural scenery. We are taking our cameras and a transistor radio with us. But none of us has a tape- recorder. 
We have been unable to get one. I remember you have recently bought one. My friends and I would be very grateful if you could lend it to us. 
You will agree that it will be an excellent companion in the Murree hills. We could listen to the music of our choice. I shall return it on our way back. Please do write to me soon so that I could send someone to collect it. With kind regards,
Yours sincerely, 
Name. 

A letter to a friend, thanking him for favour received 

Examination Hall. 
October 11,2013 
 Dear friend, 
Please accept my heartiest thanks for the tape-recorder that you have loaned to me. I expected this, but I was afraid lest someone else should already have borrowed it. We shall indeed have a good time with the choicest songs being played at will. Please rest assured that it will be handled carefully and no damage will be done to it. We are starting on our trip tomorrow and shall be back after a week. I shall deliver it back immediately on return. In fact, I shall come to your town on our way back. Once again I thank you for your kindness. 
Yours sincerely, 
 X.Y.Z.  
previous  .................       More letters................     Next        

Post a Comment

 
Top